Try. Fail. Try again.

try - fail

Once upon a time, not  long ago, my mother and father went to the Czech Republic. They brought back a quote from a billboard, of all places. To some it may seem rather fatalistic, but I find it so very hopeful, hopeful enough that I’ve made a poster to put up in the classroom. UPDATE: I just discovered that this is a Samuel Beckett quote. Cool!

School has started. As we move into creating our routines, we are talking a lot about how people learn new things, how failure is an important part of that learning process, how as a classroom we need to support one another because that’s how we gain the courage to try again. As Pete the Cat once said when disaster struck (multiple times): “It’s all good.”

PS. This bunch of guys look like they are having a blast.

4 thoughts on “Try. Fail. Try again.

1. I love that quote, and so like my Dad to notice it and share it.

I’ll have to make a poster with that quote of yours, too!

2. I love your poster, too, Steve. In the start-up world there is a quote I love: Fail faster.

And Pete is the perfect example of a dynamic mindset! The author and illustrator live near me, here in Georgia. Perhaps, you should make a trip to Georgia! We could talk Kim Yaris into coming and make it a party. We would so like to
    meet you. 🙂 Best wishes!

• Jan, Thank you so much for stopping by to chat! I’ve heard of the “fail faster” motto…perhaps, now that I think of it…on your blog?

I would love to come to GA sometime. I have a sister-in-law who teaches at Tech in Atlanta. I’m overdue for a visit. 🙂 I’ve been trying to figure out how to get away for a conference sometime, too…I would love to meet you and Kim!